68 views
1.1

After several attempts to notify them that my identity had been breached and that my bank account had been swept into my Robinhood account and after several weeks I received a notification that after investigation there was no breach in my account. This initiated an assertive response from me and after several more weeks I finally got a email saying that they wanted to talk to me about the situation.

They called, verified my identity and asked about my last recalled transaction. At this point I was told that I being transferred to a inncedent investigator and was immediately hung up on. THERE IS NO MEANS OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION AND THEIR ILLEQUIPT TO HANDLE CUSTOMER SERVICE REGARDING CUSTOMERS ASSETS! COMPLETELY incompetent company to be handling substantial amounts of customers assets.

DO NOT USE/TRUST ROBINHOOD WITH ANY OF YOUR ASSETS. ABSOLUTELY UNSTABLE AND INSECUE.

AT THIS POINT I HAVE LOST ABOUT 9K DUE TO THEIR LACK OF SECURITY MEASURES TO VERIFY CUSTOMERS.IDENTITY. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE,

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM ROBINHOOD AT ALL COSTS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Robinhood Money Transfer.

Robinhood Pros: Real time price, Easy to use when your purchase goes through.

Robinhood Cons: Call me, Fraudulent and unable to reach, Dont have a phone number where anyone actually answers, No customer support for problems.

Comments

#1963959

Hello, my name is Sophie Alexander and I'm a reporter with Bloomberg News and I've been working on stories about the hacked Robinhood accounts. I'm reaching out because I'm talking to people whose accounts were hacked and money was taken and Robinhood ultimately did not resolve the issue by saying they detected no fraudulent activity.

Would you be willing to share your experience for my story? I'm hoping to hear from as many people as I can about this issue.

You can email me at salexander82@***.net Hope to hear from you soon! Sophie Alexander

#1960737